Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program
Welcome to the new site!
Get cozy, look around, feel free to put your feet on the coffee table (I know it’s bad manners, but mine was only $25 at IKEA so I always do it anyway). It’s not terribly different from the Mistress of the Motor Pool website, so hopefully you won’t get lost. I’m still settling in, so if you see any bugs let me know. If they’re cute, anthropomorphic bugs I’ll befriend them and turn them into a mascot or license them to Pixar. Otherwise I’ll squash them. Or call an exterminator.
The main change you’ll notice is the blog’s name. I haven’t worked directly in a motor pool in a while now, so I felt the title had become somewhat misleading. My brigade technically still has a mistress of the motor pool, but she is tall, slender, and quite athletic, so we have somehow never been mistaken for one another. (I don’t understand it either.) Also I changed my name so my blog had to also. For solidarity’s sake.
Which brings me to THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED SINCE LAST WE MET:
– I ditched my crutches (a.k.a. Leonidas and Jane Austen)
– I glided ethereally down the aisle to Manfriend
– We honeymooned briefly; it was great
– We went back to work; it was sad
– I got a bunny!
(Just kidding; that’s Betty. I just wanted to put a picture of her in this entry because her birthday was February 21st. Happy birthday, Betty White, Lady of Cadbury! A whole year old, hooray Betty Bunny!)
– Entries on wedding (mis)adventures
– The Second Annual Margo Awards (Get pumped by checking out the first installment)
– Tales of Physical Therapy
– And much, much more (probably)
Welcome back! (I missed you, too.)